Tylko is an award-winning startup on a mission to digitize the furniture industry. We are a team of designers and developers who combine tech and design to bring customized furniture to everyone - effortlessly.
We're looking for a smart and snappy coder with a passion for computational design and digital fabrication. Parametric design is a unique and crucial part of Tylko, and the parametric team develops tools and algorithms from scratch that drive the parametric model - the core concept of the Tylko Shelf.
• Generate production geometry and manufacturing drawings and control the product lifecycle via the parametric model coded in Python.
• Develop our warehouse and financial system (gross margins are not the most straightforward when every product is different!).
• Cooperate with our manufacturing and design team in the development and maintenance of the production backend - help us turn lines of smart code into beautiful design products!
• Develop the existing production tools (including automatization) and support us with deploying new products.
• Support and extend the testing framework - including both unit and integration tests.
Additionally, you'll support the team by collaborating with the IT team to help build custom in-house tools.
• You get to be the part of a young and dynamic company that's doing very exciting things.
• You'll rub elbows with some of the best specialists in their fields - who are also amazing people and great coworkers.
• You'll get to directly test and evaluate parametric design in a real market and gain a deep understanding of the correlation between the number of the parameters in a model, its usability and diversity and the number of possible configurations.
• You’ll work with a large furniture manufacturing company in one of the leading European furniture manufacture markets.
• With Tylko, ideas don’t stay on paper or the computer screen forever. Deploy your ideas with code into a real, physical production environment!
• You'll develop personally and professionally - and will get to work with a diverse set of tools (CAD, Visual Programming, Machine Learning, Data Analysis) according to software development standards and good practices
• We run a tight ship, but we are an interdisciplinary and flexible one - with flat hierarchies.
• Algorithmic thinking skills and a good understanding of geometric relations in space.
• Knowledge of Python programming.
• A great passion for learning and an interest in coding and design.
• The ability to take responsibility, meet project deadlines and work independently - but also collaborate as part of the team.
• Object-oriented programming skills are a huge plus
• Experience with common Python libraries, e.g. Django and Pandas
• Basic knowledge of digital manufacturing, CNC and CAM
• Familiarity with Git VCS
• Previous experience with the design process