Buzz Maker - PR & Events Manager
Event Managers, PR professionals, storytellers, all-round brave and creative minds - heads up! We’re looking for a tireless communicator to manage our brand presence and is ready to find fresh and exciting ways to tell the story of Tylko to the outside world. As a part of our Brand & Communications Team, you’ll work with multiple online and offline media channels to strengthen Tylko’s voice across our key markets and for our target audiences. You’ll be responsible for crafting killer PR and brand awareness campaigns, as well as diverse offline events to showcase our products and the values we stand behind. We want you to be a source of ideas that really create buzz! This isn’t your bog-standard traditional PR position, either - you’ll be in charge of much more, so you’ll really need to know your stuff when it comes to generating hype and getting people excited and engaged about what we do - as well as understand that in order to invest in communication we need to understand how different channels work, what effects we can expect and how to maximise our success.
This is a full-time position, based in our office in Warsaw.
Who are we?
Tylko is a next-generation furniture company founded in 2015 in Warsaw, Poland. We specialise in providing high-quality, easily-customisable shelves that our customers can adapt down to the last detail. We meet the needs of their unique spaces through the use of our intuitive online configurator and Augmented Reality app. Tylko’s team has reconsidered every step of the traditional furniture-buying process in order to create a better, seamless and more personal experience – with a quality product, simple online shopping, free doorstep delivery and effortless assembly. To date, we have served over 20,000 satisfied customers, selling over 25,000 perfect-fit shelves across the World.
- You’ll develop strong, authentic and exciting narratives about our brand, products and founders, as well as find and test various communication channels, as you define target audiences and measure their performance.
- You’ll be responsible for creating and maintaining Tylko’s media network - based on valuable and long-lasting relationships with key media contacts, as well as industry influencers. This might involve visiting different cities around Europe on a regular basis, so you’d have to be ready to travel!
- You’ll build Tylko’s offline presence through a set of events, pop-ups and showrooms across Europe. We want to find a new way to communicate with our customers and stakeholders that will go beyond the online world.
- You’ll develop a consistent PR strategy for Tylko and provide a constant flow of features and stories for both online and print media.
- You’ll coordinate with supporting PR agencies and freelancers in selected countries (France, UK, Germany - depending on our needs and projects).
- You’ll work with our Brand & Communications Team on new product launches and support the strategic and executional sides of these campaigns.
- You’ll help our People Manager in crafting employer branding campaigns and support our presence at related events.
- You’ll work with our internal creative team to develop press packs, creative mail outs and other visual materials.
- You’ll be responsible for crafting applications for industry awards and fairs, as well as working on Tylko’s on-site presence there, if needed.
- You’ll get to be the part of a young company on a rapid rise, with a vision, that's doing very exciting things!
- You'll rub elbows with some of the best specialists in fields that you may never heard before (parametric design anyone?) - who are also amazing people and great coworkers.
- You'll develop personally and professionally in a very friendly and respectful environment.
- Your voice will be heard - we don’t throw away any idea or assumption without considering them.
- You'll be fairly remunerated – 10 000-12 000PLN on B2B contract (other forms of employment are also possible)
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in PR-related fields, communication, event management and/or general buzz-making and hype creation - preferably in the lifestyle industry.
- Ability to coordinate multi-channel promotional projects such as brand awareness campaigns or international product launches.
- Ability to measure the effectiveness of various communication channels and hold a sound understanding of ecommerce and sales numbers in general. We don’t need a maths expert, but you shouldn’t be afraid of crunching numbers.
- Experience in managing offline events - pop-ups, launch parties, and press meetings for example.
- Thorough understanding of online and offline communication channels.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends in communication, branding and media strategy.
- Excellent communication skills and an engaging personality - you’ll be responsible for creating close bonds with various press and media professionals. Your own personal network with other professionals in DACH, UK, France and/or Poland is not a must - but a huge plus.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Fluent English - and other European languages (especially German or French) will also come in handy!